Dematerialization and digitalization
In line with the objectives of reducing consumption, simplifying management and promoting sustainable practices, the University of Padua began a path in 2017 of dematerialization administrative practices by:
- simplifying procedures for drafting and storing administrative documents digitally
- processing requests for vacations, illness, permits and missions digitally;
- implementing a telematic voting system for student elections and the election of the Rector.
The introduction of these measures has brought annual savings of almost 15 tons of paper, equal to 18 tons of CO2.
Launching the Print Management Project, channelling all printing processes through the use of multifunctional machines shared on the network, enabled to perform various functions (printing, scanning, sending via email, etc.), with the aim of:
- reduce personal printing equipment
- using cost affecting digital print solutions
- monitor and manage all printed materials
- improve the security and healthiness of working environments, placing printers in dedicated rooms.
Thanks to the elimination or modification of the print command, the Print Management Project implements multifunction printers has allowed an annual reduction in paper use of 200 tons and the emission of CO2 into the atmosphere of 25 tons.